Saturday, October 4, 2008

Bacon wrapped scallops

I love seafood in general, but scallops are one of my favorites. Scallops are delicious and most importantly for me, easy to cook. Like most seafood, it does not take long to cook, and if cooked too long, the texture becomes rubbery.

One of my favorite dishes is 'Bacon wrapped scallops'.

Here is what you need:-
Fresh or frozen (defrosted) scallops
Bacon (I use turkey bacon because it is healthier and just as tasty)
Toothpicks
Black pepper (optional)

Step 1:
- wrap each scallop in a piece of bacon
- stick a toothpick through the wrap to hold in place


Step 2:
- line up on a backing sheet, about an inch or so apart
- sprinkle with black pepper (optional)


Step 3:
- bake in a 350 degree (Fahrenheit) oven for 15-20 minutes (until bacon is slightly crispy).


Serve alone as an appetizer, or serve as an entree like I did with couscous.



*Don't like scallops, substitute with shrimps or prawns.
*This dish is an excellent one to do with the kids. My 8 year old niece and I had fun making bacon wrapped prawns and then eating them.


No comments: