Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Tandoori Chicken Skewers

Let's take another trip to India.

I know it was not that long ago we did so, with my tandoori fish recipe, but.... here's the great thing about buying a jar of any marinade. You can use it in many dishes.

So... here's what I did.

- I picked up about a pound of boneless chicken thighs (about 2 thighs). Chicken breast works great too, but I think dark meat is more flavorful. I chopped it into bite sized pieces.
- I added 2 tablespoons of tandoori mild paste (Pataks Original makes a great one).
- Then, salt and black pepper to taste.
- I left it to marinade for about 45 minutes then skewered it (about 7 skewers).
- I heated up the broiler and placed the pan with the skewers, about 7 inches away from the broiler.

Keep an eye on the skewers, rotating/turning every 3-5 minutes. It is ready to eat in about 15 minutes (plus another 5 minutes if you insist on letting it cool down).

Enjoy with naan bread, basmati rice, your favorite salad, or on its own as a snack. YUMMY!!!!

p.s - here's a tip - soak wooden skewers in water for about 15 mins to prevent burning under the broiler.
p.p.s - each skewer is only 1 weight watchers' point.

No comments: