Monday, August 18, 2014

A new found love for Hummus

I've developed a new found love for the old time party favorite - Hummus. Not only does it taste good, but it is good for you.

I spoke about the delicious edamame hummus I tasted at a grocery store in DC and was on the hunt for when I got back. I've been having so much fun creating recipes around it.

Today's feature is a flat bread hummus pizza. There are only 3 ingredients (flat bread, hummus and turkey bacon) and 3 steps to it.
1) Chop up two strips of turkey bacon into bite sizes
2) Spread 4 tbsps (or as much as you like) on flat bread, and scatter bacon around it
3) Place in a 425 degree F oven on a cookie sheet for about 10 minutes (or until crisp)

Cool for a few minutes then cut up into 6 slices (or as you like).

Enjoy on it's own or with a side salad for a light but delicious dinner (or lunch)!

No comments: