Thursday, March 5, 2015
Today's recipe is semi-homemade (whatever happened to that show on food network?). These days in an effort to be healthier but not necessarily completely give up foods I love, I look for ways to make them more nutritious and filling.
All you need for this one is 3 simple ingredients:
1) Pancake mix (a simple, just add water mix is perfect)
2) Quick oats or minute oats
3) Chopped up apples (peeled)
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl with water to desired thickness (use box instructions and add water to adjust for the added oats)
- Heat up skillet, or griddle, spray with cooking spray and scoop pancake mix unto it
- As soon as the bubbles start to appear on the surface, flip and cook on the other side for about a minute or two (until no longer runny when pressed with a spatula).
Enjoy hot alone, with syrup or like I did with cut up fresh strawberries and sugar-free syrup.
Filing and delicious!