Thursday, January 7, 2010

Chewy Oatmeal Cookies

Never really been much of a baker. However, I never forgot the basic 'cream butter and sugar, add eggs, add flour, and the optional milk and vanilla essence' cake recipe I learned many years ago.

On those days when I get a craving for something sweet and don't feel like, or can't get to the store; the recipe above always comes to the rescue (I almost always have the ingredients at home).

Yesterday night, slightly upset and needing a sugar fix, I decided to mix things up a little. I found a very easy oatmeal cookie recipe, which I am glad to share with you.

Ingredients
1/2 cup of sugar
1/2 cup of butter (low fat vegetable spread works great too)
1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
1 cup of quick oats
1 egg

What to do
Cream butter and sugar
Stir in egg
Mix in flour and quick oats
Spoon onto an ungreased cookie pan/sheet
Bake in 350 degree oven for 12-15 minutes

Enjoy the chewy and delicious cookie on its own or with a chilled glass of milk.

* recipe makes 12 cookies
** WW friend... each cookie is 3 points.

No comments: