Friday, January 23, 2015

Puff-puff

My go to quick pick me up snack is puff-puff. I used to think it was so hard to make and it probably is when making a large batch. But for me and my quick mix to satisfy a sugar craving, here's what you do.

I make 2 versions, one with or without bananas. The bananas make it more nutritious but let me warn you - they are addictive.

Ingredients
All purpose flour
Granulated sugar (to desired sweetness)
Instant yeast
Warm water
Cooking oil
Bananas - optional

Preparation

  • Mix flour sugar, sugar and instant yeast and warm water until you get a sticky consistency and all ingredients are properly incorporated.
  • Cover in a bowl with a cloth and leave to rise at least an hour.
  • If using bananas, mash and incorporate into the mixture.
  • Heat cooking oil and drop spoonfuls of the mixture in the hot oil
  • Fry, flipping until browned on both sides and cooked on the inside (a few minutes)
It is best enjoyed hot but still delicious when cooled down.



No comments: