Friday, September 26, 2008

Mangoes


About a week ago, I bought some mangoes from the grocery store, and when I tried one, it was basically rubbish.
This kinda sucked since the ones I got a few weeks back from the same store took me right back to West Africa. I thought I had finally found a place that sold decent mangoes.
Anyway, I figured all was not lost. So, I looked up a pretty easy dessert recipe online. It was delicious !!!!

Mango Shortbread

CRUST
1 1/4 cups butter

4 cups flour

1 cup sugar

FILLING

2 cups mangoes, sliced thinly

1/4 cup flour

2/3 cup sugar

1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
Directions Cream crust ingredients.
Pat 1/2 of mixture into a 9x13 inch pan.
Set aside other half.
Mix filling ingredients (sugar, flour, cinnamon) -
and fold in mangoes.
Spread over crust
Add rest of crust mixture over mango filling.
Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.

No comments: